This document explains the leadership team for RDO, and the different volunteer roles that make up the SSC (Sangha Support Circle). The SSC is a group of dedicated volunteers who work collaboratively to address RDO business.
Each of these roles is designed to be held by one person for a minimum of six months. Some require longer commitments (such as treasurer or web administrator) so please check carefully.
To contact the RDO leadership with general comments, you can use the RDO website contact form.
How are roles filled?
- Any active or past RDO Facilitator in good standing, preferably with 6 months of experience, can volunteer for an open role for a set time period
- New SSC volunteers (chair, secretary, communications admin, treasurer, facilitation captain, web admin) will be announced to the RDO Facilitators mailing list, then confirmed at the next quarterly Intersangha business meeting, allowing community members an opportunity to review the appointment.
- Each person should only fill a single role if possible
- If multiple people want it, discuss together who will take it first and try to come to a consensus together, with the understanding that the role can swap after a certain time to “take turns”
- Whenever possible, positions should be filled to maximize diversity of participation
- If no one wants to take on a role, someone who already has a role can take it on.
Chair or Co-Chairs
- Leads the Sangha Support Circle in setting the agenda for Intersangha meetings
- Facilitates agenda for Intersangha meeting and leads on managing consensus (unless delegated)
- Oversees that all of these roles are filled (announces vacancies to facilitators)
- Contacting the Chair
- email@example.com (mention that it is for the Chair)
- Take notes and share intersangha meeting minutes
- Support Chair in defining meeting agendas with continuity
- Keep Google Drive organized
- Responsible for rdo-facilitators Google Group membership (in collaboration with Facilitation Captain)
- Contacting the Secretary
- firstname.lastname@example.org (mention that it is for the Secretary)
- Distributes information on behalf of the SSC to the RDO Facilitator Google Group, on Slack, and to any other RDO-specific spaces.
- Ensures that recurring monthly communications are issued such as:
- SSC and Intersangha meeting reminders
- InterSangha call for agenda items with a deadline
- SSC and Intersangha rolling agenda (after the secretary has completed edits)
- Supporting documents for review prior to a meeting.
- Checks RDO email and social media such as Slack and Facebook and alerts the SSC if there is an issue requiring attention.
- Checks RDO Contact Form, RDO Facilitator Google Group, Slack and other RDO-specific spaces alerting the SSC if there is an issue requiring attention.
- Contacting the Communications Admin
- email@example.com (mention that it is for the Communications Admin)
Treasurer (1 — 2 years)
- Paypal manager
- Sends “Thank you”s to donors
- Keeps books
- Pays Bills
- Provides written report at each intersangha meeting
- Contacting the treasurer
- Manage website and RDO-hosted schedules
- Liaison to RD about online needs
- Contacting the Web Admin
- firstname.lastname@example.org (mention that it is for the Web Admin)
- Supports meeting organizers in their work hosting meetings and training new facilitators.
- Maintains and updates the RDO Facilitator Guide (Zoom) Google Doc.
- Meets with newly trained facilitators for confirmation and onboarding to the RDO Facilitators mailing list.
- Ensures public schedules (website+Google Calendar) are accurate (in collaboration with Web Admin)
- Ensure RDG meeting lists are accurate
- Contacting the Facilitation captain
- email@example.com (mention that it is for the Facilitation Captain)
Meeting Facilitators Circle ( ♾)
- All official Facilitators of RDO meetings
- Participate in firstname.lastname@example.org email list
- Encouraged to join quarterly Intersangha Business Meetings
- All meeting facilitators (ongoing additions as new people join)
RDO Sangha Support Circle (SSC)
- A group of volunteers who work collaboratively to address RDO business
- Individuals holding the single-person roles listed above are invited and encouraged to participate in the SSC.
- Meet monthly to work together on tasks and agree on the agenda for the upcoming Intersangha meeting.
- SSC members make decisions collectively following the RDO Consensus Practice, and all decisions are open for review and revision by the rest of the community following feedback and discussion at quarterly Intersangha meetings.
- Manage email@example.com email (decide who needs access)
- Convene and facilitate quarterly Intersangha business meeting
- Agenda formation and consensus process with Chair as lead
- Moderate Facilitator communication (eg google groups, slack, etc.)
- Support Meeting Facilitators with training and meeting planning
- Liaise with Recovery Dharma Global board of directors and community-run circles and projects
- Members of the SSC
- Communications Admin
- Web Admin
- Facilitation Captain
- Contacting the SSC
- firstname.lastname@example.org (mention that it is for the SSC)
This is a living document. To add comments or suggestions, please visit the Google Docs version: http://bit.ly/rdo-roles-doc