Higher Ground is a series of speaker meetings, where each week a member of the community is invited to share how they use Buddhist principles of the Eightfold Path and the Four Noble Truths and Recovery Dharma in their recovery.
If you are interested in speaking, or you can recommend someone, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This meeting uses the Zoom videoconferencing software which supports both internet and telephone.
To join using a laptop or smartphone, click the link above, which should open the Zoom app if you have it installed, or prompt you to download it if you don’t.
Zoom URL (includes password):
Meeting ID: 544 337 5344
To dial in by phone, call the appropriate number below and enter the Meeting ID and Password when prompted (you don’t need a “Participant ID”, so just push # to skip that part).
- +1 301 715 8592 US
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- +44 330 088 5830 (UK)
- +61 8 7150 1149 (Australia)
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adV1f60LTE
Need more Timezones? Use the converter!
- Open the Time Zone Converter »
- It will show PT and ET (the times in the table above)
- Enter your local timezone to find out the difference
- Update the date+time in ET or PT to match a meeting to confirm your local time
This is a special meeting format where a different speaker is invited each week to share about their recovery after the guided meditation.
- Introductory readings about RD’s practices and principles
- 10-15 minute guided meditation
- Guest speaker shares for 20-25 minutes
- Group sharing inspired by the speaker’s comments
- Closing announcements and dedication of merit
Virtual Parking Lot: As with all meetings, we stay online after the meeting for casual fellowship, to exchange contact information and to answer questions.
Please arrive early: Please join us 15 minutes before the meeting to ensure you have everything setup and to socialize before we start!
Want to be a speaker at this meeting, or recommend someone to share their story?
Contact us at email@example.com and let us know what you have in mind!
Please see the meeting format for a full script of what happens at this meeting!
Everything seen and heard in Recovery Dharma meetings is strictly private and confidential.
Name and contact info: Zoom should ask you for your name the first time you log in. Be careful to use the name you would like to be visible during the meeting. You may also change your name during the meeting using the meeting settings.
Audio and video: Attendees are able to share their webcam video and audio if they would like to, or disable one or both for privacy.